Tourism Cluster Strategy Development for Armenia
What: Through Nathan Associates, SW Associates was contracted to assist with the development of the USAID-sponsored Competitive Armenia Private Sector Project’s tourism strategy framework. The framework included the following task areas:
1) B2B development conference in Tbilisi
2) Introducing National Geographic’s Geotourism program to Armenia
3) Expansion of external communications including international media relations, internet-based travel marketing, and association development.
The purpose was to increase the effectiveness of CAPS in working with the tourism industry to help develop and improve Armenia’s domestic and international tourism offers.
- An improved tourism cluster competitive process.
- Developed a comprehensive strategic plan, with critical input from the cluster working groups
- Developed a CAPS Tourism Toolkit